Sunday, September 30, 2012

In memoriam...


God bless and keep you...
Angelo Riguero

At just 27 years of age, one of the sweetest, most considerate and loving men has been taken away from us.  Angelo was our favorite Caveman...our most asked-for cover model, our most delicious dancer...and one of our sweetest friends.  His face and body are on a great many of our favorite Ellora's Cave books.

So many people loved and admired him...there has been such an outpouring of prayers and sentiments that this small tribute seems miniscule. So I will tell you what I personally loved about Angelo.

He made you feel special with a smile and a caring word. He radiated energy like the sun. He had a smile that lit up the room. He was beautiful, kind, and loving to everyone, no matter who you were or how you looked. His personality sizzled and glowed, and he was undoubtedly the most magnetic man I have met. When I attended my first Romanticon in 2010, I had a second floor room in a hotel that didn't have an elevator. I have had hip surgery twice, and am a very slow, careful climber. I almost had to crawl up the stairs at the end of a long, hard day on my feet...and between Angelo and Rodney, I was never left on my own to make that climb without assistance. Angelo was sweet enough to offer to carry me up the stairs. (I outweighed him by a good 20 pounds). I thanked him and just grabbed his arm, and up we went.

No matter who he met, he paid close attention to every word, remembered names, and always had a grin and a kind word. You sort of felt like you were his BFF. Not many gorgeous young men have those qualities.

We will miss him desperately.

Rest in peace, mi amigo...

Fran

3 comments:

  1. He was beautiful...warm...caring...and generous. A very special man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad and tragic... a senseless loss. I can't even count how many books I've read where he's been on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had him on three of mine...and I asked him to autograph my cover. He was surprised and said he felt "humbled" by my request. It will take a while for the surreality of his loss to fade.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment...it helps me know that people really do read my blog posts. If you read back through my prior posts, you will notice that I get very few comments. :)