Monday, March 19, 2012

Just bought a "new" older car...


  I had to do it!

Whoot!  Now I can actually DRIVE twenty blocks without having to pull over, turn off the car, then restart it to reset the damn computer codes that absolutely have to go meshuga every few miles.  Neither of my magnificent personal mechanics (Yes, they are mine, since I gave birth to them) has been able to pinpoint the problem, and the car has more new electronic parts than a video game system.  I have been unable to drive anywhere over 25 miles from home for over two years.  Couldn't trust the poor car to make it both ways.

Ever had a car like that?  One that played games with you when you were headed somewhere important?  One that works perfectly fine until you turn on the radio, heater, or AC?  Then it decides to chug, choke, cough, sputter and other wise make you wonder what is wrong with the stupid thing?  It was a great car for the first 18 years of its venerable life...but over the past 18 months, it has driven me bonkers. 

No, I don't plan to burn it on a funeral pyre...I will keep it in case the newer one decides to need work...at least I will have a spare that way.  

So share your car nightmares...I HOPE I'm not the only one out there who has a tricky car...

Hugs,

Fran

18 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I'm happy for you Fran!
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me, too, Kat! I desperately needed this!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful. Congrats. I totally feel your pain. I'm fighting the urge to get a new one. I don't want to do the payments but I fear my car has more problems than it's worth. I can't turn on the air conditioning or the defrosters while the car is in motion or the whole dang thing will stall. It's a pain in the winter, summer, and anytime it rains. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I turned on the AC, the car would suddenly shift into "cripple" mode...coughing and spitting up blood...it was time.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your newest addition to your garage *smile*

    Yeah...there's nothing quite as frustrating as being stranded too far away to walk home. Good for you for taking the plunge to a working vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my adult kids live close enough to come rescue me when that happens. I learned early on to get roadside assistance coverage. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new-to-you car!
    On my first car, the radio and headlights would turn off each time I made a right turn. And I had an Oldsmobile that periodically all four windows would drop and you couldn't unlock the doors!??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Fran's oddity Car Club! Yep...so inconvenient when those little things stop working right.

      Delete
  5. My dad had a 1945 Plymouth that could hit a screaming 60 mph! He drove that baby until it died a natural death. Then he bought my mom a Studebaker. Great car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one pretty car, Fran. You'll like the silver color,doesn't show much dirt at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the silver color! It has like a diamond dust glitter to it. Gave it a bath on the way home from the dealer today...forgot that there was a temporary tag attached where the license plate goes...it got blown off by the spray and I had to go back and look for it. LOL!

      Delete
  7. You deserve to have a “new-old” car after having stuck with your old car for 18 years. With the new electronic parts your new car got, you will now be able to enjoy your every trip and joy ride. Haha! I have recently bought a new car and am very excited to drive it around town!

    Angelica Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to be able to not worry about getting from point A to point B? LOL! I love it!

      Delete
  8. Hey Fran, Congrats on getting a new "old" car. It looks pretty nice. I'm glad you have some safer and more reliable transportation. I'm ready for you to take me on a tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop in, girl! Where do you want to go? (If it's Hawaii, no deal...isn't equipped with oxygen masks) and I can't hold my breasth that long. :)

      Delete
  9. LOL! You mean it isn't a James Bond 007 type car? You got cheated! How about a book store?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment...it helps me know that people really do read my blog posts. If you read back through my prior posts, you will notice that I get very few comments. :)